BENJAMIN WILLIAM MKAPA FOUNDATION
The Benjamin William Mkapa Foundation (BMF) is a non- profit Trust, established in 2006 with the vision towards healthy lives and well-being for all, in Tanzania and the rest of Africa. Its strategic mission is to contribute towards the attainment of better health outcomes through innovative health and related system solutions. BMF’s Vision and Mission can be achieved through an empowered workforce, which is self-motivated, committed to growth and integrity, and the one who seeks excellence in execution. BMF seeks innovative, self-driven, dynamic, and competent qualified candidates to fill the below vacancy.
Position Title: ICT Innovations and Data Management Manager
Reports to: Director of Strategy and Performance Management
Supervise: ICT system analyst, ICT system Administrator, Digital Solutions Partner
Department: Strategy and Performance Management Duty Station: Head Office -Dar es Salaam
Overall, Purpose of the Job:
To provide technical leadership in exploring the potential of evolving Information and Communication Technologies that supports BMF vision and mission. The incumbent will be required to provide guidance and management of Information and Communication Technology and build ICT capacity that will support BMF and promote its efficiency across, in diverse manner. He/she will be the main custodian of ensuring the ICT Policy of BMF is adhered, implemented, monitored, and evaluated.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
1: Strategy Development o Coordinate the formulation, reviews, and implementation of the BMF ICT policy, strategy, and plan, ensuring it aligns to overall BMF strategy and helps achievement of short and long-term objectives and gain buy-in of the various stakeholders.
- Evaluates emerging technologies, develops, and recommends reviews for effective IT system management and installation or increased organization’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Prepares and update ICT systems and user manuals.
3: ICT Governance o Coordinate and provide technical support to the IT Management Steering Committee to oversee Implementation of IT Objectives, Investments and Projects.
- Identifies opportunities for ICT team training and skills advancement on ICT related matters. o Identifies opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment in IT systems. o Coordinate IT Applications development for multiple projects. o Oversees and coordinate reviews and production of database management Reports
4: ICT Infrastructure Management & Support o Responsible for the maintenance of BMF ICT Network, Systems Infrastructure and Services.
- Oversees and ensures provision of administrative direction and technical support to staff for daily operational activities of the ICT Section.
- Facilitate the Procurement unit by supplying detailed specifications to ensure the acquisition of suitable software and hardware necessary for the maintenance of ICT equipment and systems.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups, and firewalls. 5: Disaster Recovery (DR) Site Management
- Oversees development of BMF disaster recovery and business continuity plan and ensures adherence. o Ensure proper functioning of the ICT infrastructure at Disaster Recovery (DR) site. o Carry out Business Continuity Management.
6: Ensure High IT System Availability o Responsible for overseeing the entire IT systems specification process, from initial needs assessment to post-implementation evaluation and improvement, while also ensuring alignment with the organization’s strategic goals and compliance with relevant standards and security requirements.
- Manages and coordinates defining, implementation and monitoring the ICT budget of the Institution and Projects. .
- Coordinate and manage ICT related training sessions as per recommendations arising from the Institutional assessments, IT training guidelines and manuals for the organization.
- Implements best practices for scalability, supportability, ease of maintenance, and system performance.
- Provide technical expertise and recommendations in assessing new IT software projects and initiatives to support and enhance the Exchange’s existing Microsoft based systems.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer engineering, computer science, or related ICT field. A master’s degree in ICT related field will be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years working experience in ICT industry.
- Strong programming skills in languages such as Java, C++, Python, or others relevant to the organization’s technology stack.
- Proficiency in software development methodologies and best practices. o Experience with databases and data management systems. o Knowledge of web development, APIs, and front-end and back-end technologies. o Effective communication and teamwork abilities. o Continuous learning mindset to stay updated with emerging technologies.
- Understanding of business operations and procedures.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
For all interested candidates send your achievement focused CV, copy of relevant academic certificates and cover letter addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Benjamin W. Mkapa Foundation, via the following link: Job Application Form.
The deadline for application is on Friday 29th September 2023
BMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity. BMF is committed to the principles of safeguarding in workplace and will not tolerate any form of abuse, wherever it occurs or whoever is responsible. In the event of any abuse, you may report by submitting you complains via http://whistleblow.mkapafoundation.or.tz/
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER,
BENJAMIN WILLIAM MKAPA FOUNDATION