WASSHA JOB DESCRIPTION – Supply Chain Officer
1. JOB INFORMATION
Organization:Wassha Inc. Tanzania Branch
Department:Supply Chain Department Workstation:Any region within Tanzania as assigned
Job Title:Supply Chain Officer
Job Application method E-mail:email@example.com
Reports to:Supply chain Team Leader
2. COMPANY OVERVIEW
WASSHA Inc. is a Japanese company incorporated in 2013 to deliver electrical power to
people in off-grid areas. We use the “Mobile Money” technology in Africa to sell electricity
to the electrified areas.
The company aims to improve the lives of people in Africa by enabling a lifestyle with
access to reliable electricity and power and other information and services. WASSHA
believes that through its services it can unlock humankind’s potential and create other
advancements in the medical, educational, industrial, and agricultural fields.
WASSHA is committed to supporting internationally recognized human rights activities
and initiatives. We believe that long-term business success can only be achieved if human
rights are protected. Our Human Rights Policy statement sets out the fundamental
principles to ensure we do not engage in activities that directly or indirectly violate human
This policy is applicable to WASSHA Inc. and its subsidiaries across Africa
3. JOB PURPOSE
Responsible for monitoring, controlling, managing stock movement from head office, regions to agent kiosk. And also facilitate procurement and logistic activities in their respective regions/areas to ensure reliable support of stock demands to other teams.
4. MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE JOB
A) Managerial Responsibilities:
B) Functional Responsibilities:
● Ensuring stores have enough stock in the assigned region.
● Making sure suppliers have enough stock to meet demand.
● Facilitating stock-taking activities as per guidance given.
● To keep things in order in stores or warehouses
● Import process coordination with clearing agents.
● Monitoring stock levels.
● Tracking products through branch offices to make sure they arrive at their destination.
● Monitoring the implementation of supply chain policies.
● Procure locally sourced items approved by the team leader.
● Asset and contract management of the responsible area.
● Daily management of incoming requests from marketing officers ensures a timeous
● Compile procurement reports for internal and external vendors.
● Any other duties assigned by your supervisor
5. MINIMUM REQUIREMENT
A) A minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role:
● Diploma or Bachelor Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain Management or relevant field
B) A minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role:
6. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
A) Internal customers:
● Supply Chain Team Leader
● Operation Manager
● Sales and Marketing Manager
● Marketing Team Leader
● Training Team Leader
● Customer Success Team
B) External customers:
● Stock takers
● Suppliers of locally sourced items
● Basic knowledge of logistics and supply chain management
● Stock Forecasting in the assigned region.
● Workflow optimization.
● Interpersonal skills
● Computer literacy and office suite knowledge
● Basic knowledge of imported related laws and regulations.
● Familiarity with safety and procedural best practices in Supply Chain Management
● Strong communication skills
● Excellent Team player
● Stress tolerance
● Flexibility and adaptability
● Accountability and Transparency