IFB Number: PA/001/2021-2022/HQ/W/21 Employer: Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) Project: P-TZ-FAB-004 – Malagarasi Hydropower Project Project Title: Procurement of Plant Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of 49.5 MW Malagarasi Hydropower Plant – Lot 1 Country: TANZANIA Loan No. / Grant No.: ADB: 200200004853 & AGTF: 5050200001151 Procurement Method: Open Competitive Bidding (International) (OCBI) OCBI/LCB No: PA/001/2021-2022/HQ/W/21 Issued on: 24th May 2023
- This Invitation for Bids follows the General Procurement Notice (GPN) for this project that appeared in the African Development Bank Group’s Internet Website dated 18th January 2021
- The Government of the United Republic of Tanzania (GoT) has received Financing from the African Development Bank (ADB) in various currencies towards the cost of Malagarasi Hydropower Project. It is intended that part of the proceeds of this loan will be applied to eligible payments under the contracts for Procurement of Plant Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of 49.5 MW Malagarasi Hydropower Plant – Lot 1
- The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) now invites sealed bids from eligible bidders for the Procurement of Plant Design, Supply, Installation, Testing and Commissioning of 49.5 MW Malagarasi Hydropower Plant – Lot 1
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from TANESCO and inspect the bidding documents at the address below from 09.00 A.M – 16.00 P.M East African Local Time:
The Secretary – Tender Board,
Street Address: Umeme Park Building, Ubungo, Ground Floor,
Tender Room, Room No. 305,
City: Dar es Salaam,
Postal Address: P. O. Box 9024,
Telephone: +255 22 221 0231 Mobile: +255 764 496 926 / 718 825 994
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; and
Bidders can use the same address mentioned above for seeking clarifications.
5. A complete set of bidding documents may be purchased by interested bidders on the submission of a written application to the above address and upon payment of a non-refundable fee shown below or equivalent in any freely convertible currency (ies) TZS 575,000.00. The time for purchasing the document as mentioned in para 4 above shall be working days excluding weekends and public holidays.
6. Eligible interested Bidders present in Tanzania may purchase the Bidding Documents at TANESCO and pay locally through National Microfinance Bank (NMB) or through electronic payments upon receipt of Control Number from TANESCO at the above mentioned address.
For foreign interested bidders, payment shall be made through the following accounts:
7. The document will be provided to the Bidders who paid for the tender in a soft copy.
8. The provisions in the Instructions to Bidders and in the General Conditions of Contract are the provisions of the African Development Bank Standard Bidding Document: Procurement of Goods or Procurement of Works.
9. Bids must be delivered to the above office on or before 10:00 A.M, East Africa Local Time on 10th July 2023 and must be accompanied by bid security of USD 3,600,000.00 (Three Million Six Hundred Thousand United States Dollars Only). Late bids shall be rejected.
10. Bids will be opened in the presence of bidders’ representative(s) who choose to attend the opening ceremony at:
Street Address: Umeme Park Building, Ubungo,
Floor/Room number: Ground Floor,
Tender’ Room No. G04
City: Dar es Salaam
Date: 10th July 2023
Time: 10:00 A.M,
East Africa Local Time
The Tanzania Electric Supply Company Limited (TANESCO) will not be responsible for any costs or expenses incurred by bidders in connection with preparation or delivery of bids.
Late Tenders / Tenders not received until closing time or Electronic Tenders shall not be accepted for evaluation irrespective of the circumstances.
TANZANIA ELECTRIC SUPPLY COMPANY LTD (TANESCO)