The Agricultural Markets Development Trust (AMDT) was established in 2014 by the Governments of Denmark, Ireland, Sweden, and Switzerland in cooperation with Tanzania as a long-term facility with the overall objective of increasing incomes and employment opportunities for poor women, men, and young people. With a strong pro-poor focus, AMOT works with the Private Sector, Government, and Civil Society Organizations to promote the Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P)/Market Systems Development (MSD)approach that stimulates changes to market systems leading to a broad and sustained impact on the lives of smallholder farmers as well as the competitiveness of agricultural MSMEs.
AMDT achieves this by investing, together with market actors, in interventions that are: (i)based on diagnosed constraints and pro-poor opportunities, (ii) are well coordinated to enhance the leveraging cf investments and resources targeting similar outcomes, (iii) stimulate the development of inclusive, competitive, and resilient agricultural market systems, leading to sustained benefits and impacts for the productive poor.
Background to the Assignment
AMDT is transitioning towards Phase II of operations by scaling up its facilitation of market systems development. This will involve interventions that will introduce proven models that spur innovative solutions and positively market system changes in AMDT supported sub sectors across Tanzania.
Therefore, AMDT requires flawless digital information and knowledge sharing capabilities that fit an expanding and mature organization.
The Objective of the Consultancy
The objective of this assignment is to design and develop a new website to provide the latest information and knowledge on work, results and impact of AMOT’s agricultural market systems development in Tanzania. The website will be bilingual (English and Swahili subsites) providing a fresh look-and-feel while unlocking the potential functionalities of all digital information platforms in a more organized, attractive, and user-friendly setup.
A: Design and develop the website as a dynamic information point. The website needs to be compatible with this tc interchange data. The website will have the following four main sections, with secondary subsections in drop down menus:
- Who We Are –1) Background, 2) Objectives, 3) Our Values, 4) Governance structure 4a) JSC members and 4b BoT members, 5) Our Team
- Our Work -1) Our Approach, 2) Our Pillars, 3) Our Projects by year and/or sub sector
- Develop appropriate theme/templates for the website with responsive web designs that are appropriately visible on all devices -desktops, laptops, smart phones, tablets, etc.
- Conduct User Acceptance Test (UAT) and finalize the website based on UAT findings. Develop User Manual and Training Materials for managing and updating the site.
- Conduct training for up to 5 AMDT people (from Knowledge Management and Communications, Monitoring and Results Measurement and Management)for managing the website.
Support and maintenance – Provide administrative and technical support as well as quality control for a period of not less than 12 months.
Provide support for engaging stakeholders, organizing meetings/workshops/interviews for collecting requirements of the website.
Prepare and coordinate the content preparation, photos, and videos (audiovisuals).
Facilitate collection of required data, information, documents and write-ups needed for the website; and
Monitor, supervise and review progress of the work.
A: Functioning website with the requested features. The website will present a fresh visual look and its functionalities are enhanced to provide a better user experience. Following the AMDT branding guidelines, design a new look-and-feel for the website capturing the different functionalities outlined in this TOR. The company will develop a graphic concept and the visual language of the new templates.
- Develop a user manual and necessary training materials for the AMDT Team to perform content management, system maintenance, troubleshooting, and administration.
- Source code handover – Full source code including all developed libraries shall be handed over to AMDT. All documents and systems produced under the assignment will be the property of AMDT, and shall not be published elsewhere without prior written permission from AMDT.
The duration of the contract will be three months. The design and development of the website will be ready in two-month time starting from the date of signing the contract. The user manual, training materials, sessions and the test management as well as initial maintenance of the new website and its support features will be done in the third month of the contract.
a) Qualifications of the Firm
- Legally registered firm with requisite required professional experience and knowledge and should possess certification and/or experience of required services
- Minimum 8 years of experience in providing relevant services to same level of clientele as AMDT
- Ability to manage assignments of confidential nature and manage large volumes of work data and information
- Willingness to take ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and committing to “doing what it takes” to resolve technical issues regardless of effort or time required
- The firm shall be based in Tanzania to allow swift management of emerging issues regarding the service
) Qualifications of the IT support personnel
The Lead-Consultant (from the consulting firm)should possess:
- A minimum Bachelor degree in ICT related subject
- Minimum 5 years of experience in web design, database development
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of CMS based dynamic web site development and customization, especially using WordPress CMS/framework and in working with LAMP platform
- Have a broad knowledge of current web development technologies and design tools in the field, and new software and other web programming languages and programs including use of HTML, XHTML, CSS, XML, XSLT, Macromedia Flash, Java
- Have excellent knowledge of recent trends in graphic design, web sites, including online video publishing, and social media networking
- Expert in the use and configuration of the below products and techniques: Search engine optimization, Google Webmaster tools, Google developer tools, Mobile device adaptation
- Skilled in querying databases and presenting data in usable formats (tables, charts, infographics)
- Skilled in data visualization and its related open-source tools, like Fabrik, Tableau, FusionChart etc
- Skilled in engaging discussion with the end users and colleting their user requirements
- Skilled in building information architecture, classifying and organizing information; Have experience in training the end users to use the website and other software
- Able to meet the deadlines to deliver agreed milestones
The bidders are encouraged to ensure full compliance to all set criteria to be comprehensively evaluated. In deciding the final selection of qualified bidder, the technical quality of the proposal carries a weighting of 70% of the total evaluation criteria. Financial proposals of bidders will only be opened if they score70% technically. The financial proposal carries a weighting of 30%.
How to Apply
Interested Firms should submit their electronic applications with both 1) technical and 2) financial proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by close of business 07:00 hours) on December 28’h, 2022. All enquiries for clarifications should be directed to the above email address by December 2022.While sending application please mention the email subject line as: “Application for the Consultancy for Designing_ant Development otAMDLWebsiteii
This and other consultancy opportunities at AMDT are published on our website – http://amdt.co.tz/tenders/.
“Interested applicants are requested to follow the instructions mentioned above properly. Failure to do so shall result in“