USAID Kijana Nahodha (UKN) a four-year (2022-2026) project aimed at increasing the
empowerment, productivity, and community engagement of out-of-school youth aged 15-25
through an integrated cross-sectoral program following Positive Youth Development (PYD)
The project’s overall goal is to have a Healthy, Productive, and engaged youth with more priority
given to marginalized youth groups, including HIV+ youth, youth living with disabilities,
adolescent girls, youth in rural areas and urban slums, and young orphans.
The project is made possible by the generous support of the American people through the United
States Agency for International Development (USAID), and T-MARC Tanzania implements it in
collaboration with Youth Development Labs, Inc. (YLabs), Tanzania Youth Coalition (TYC) and
CARE International in Tanzania.
USAID Kijana Nahodha would like to contract an individual consultant/company to conduct a
Labor Market Assessment (LMA) to identify key sectors and value chains that offer the greatest
potential for maximizing job, entrepreneurship, and direct and adjacent business growth
opportunities for marginalized youth, especially young women. The insights from this assessment
will inform the project’s strategy for intervention in meeting its youth empowerment objective.
Summary of the scope of work:
The consultant will review the methodology and data collection tools already developed, identify
the most employable skills training courses for the project interventions to focus and identify the
skills in gap in the existing labor market. The consultant will also assess the capacity of TVET
providers to deliver quality market-driven skills training and private employers* attitudes towards
internships and identify ways to create stronger linkages between private employers, TVET
institutions, and young graduates. Finally, the consultant must identify barriers for youth TVET
graduates in accessing employment, especially young female graduates, and provide relevant
recommendations and ways of creating decent work for them. Visit https://caretanzania.org/about-us/call-for-proposals to access the full scope of work.
Inception report including LMA conceptual framework not longer than 15 pages (excluding
- Data sets and data collection tools.
- PowerPoint presentation of initial findings.
- Table of contents of the final report (including appendices).
- Draft # 1 report – not exceeding 60 pages (excluding appendices).
- Final report- not exceeding 60 pages (including appendices) with an Executive summary –
not exceeding two (2) pages.
Period of performance:
The assessment is estimated to require 32 working days, including data collection in the project’s
implementation regions, Morogoro, Dar Es Salaam, and Zanzibar.
Required qualifications and experience:
- At least eight (8) years of professional work experience in research and labor market studies.
- The applicant/team leader should possess a post-graduate degree in Social Sciences, Business, Economics, Statistics, or a related field.
- Demonstrate experience researching and assessing workforce development, economic growth policy, and knowledge of Tanzania’s socio-economic landscape.
- Portfolio of work demonstrating data collection and analysis expertise and ability to draw valid conclusions from findings.
- Technical expertise in assessing labor market demand and supply issues in rural Africa. especially regarding youth access to employment opportunities.
- Excellent communication, report writing skills, and knowledge of Tanzania’s Technical and Vocational Education Training (TVET) programs are necessary.
- Interested applicants should submit a technical and financial proposal responding to the scope of work, detailing the assessment methodology and a daily budget breakdown for the entire duration of the consultancy.
- Along with the technical and financial proposal, the applicant should submit an initial work plan and enclose a company profile r a CV with a minimum of 3 references.
- Company profile.
- Copy of Valid Business Licence.
- Copy of TIN certificate.
- Copy of VAT registration certificate.
- Certificate of registration/incorporation.
- All application documents should be sent to CARE Tanzania’s procurement unit through TZA.Procurement@care.org . The deadline for submission of application i: 26th May 2023 before 1600 Hours
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applicants can find more
details of this call for proposals and the complete scope of work at