BANK OF TANZANIA ACADEMY
TRAINING ON PHYSICAL SECURITY FOR BANKS FROM 1st TO 5th
NOVEMBER 202 AT BANK OF TANZANIA MTWARA BRANCH
The Bank of Tanzania Act, 2006 and the Banking and Financial Institutions Act, 2006
mandate Bank of Tanzania to license, regulate and supervise banking institutions in Tanzania.
As a regulator, the Bank of Tanzania is entrusted with the responsibility of ensuring stable,
sound and safe banking sector and the financial system at large. In discharging this
responsibility, it is in the interest of the Bank to ensure that banking institutions advocate
adequate secunty measures for the purpose of preventing acts of robbery and burglary.
damage or loss of assets and cyber-attacks, which could result in major loss to the banking
sector and the national economy.
8. OBJECTIVE OF THE COURSE
At the end of this course staff of banking institutions will be able to:
- Promote awareness of physical security;
- Develop and administer an up-to-date, effective institution-wide secunty program:
- Create awareness of best approaches of building secunty consciousness among staff and management thereby maintain a security functional working environment.
C. CONTENTS OF THE COURSE
- An overview of The BAFI Act, 2006 (Physical secunty issues)
- Banking and Financial Institution (Physical Security) Regulations, 2014
- Security requirements for bank premises and branch opening checklist
- An overview of the Tanzania Cybercrimes Act, 2015
- Fundamentals of Physical security for banking institutions
- Security measures for preventing acts of robbery and burglary,
- Principles and issues on effective protection of cash in transit
- Disaster Management and Preparedness (Key issues)
D. TARGET GROUP
Senior and middle level officers of banking institutions who are involved in intimal security, operations, tellers, custodians, internal audit, compliance, staff of security companies guarding banks and dealing in cash in transit.
E SCHEDULED DATES AND DURATION
One (1) week: From 1* to 5* November 2021. First Day Registration starts at 08.30 AM.
F. COURSE FACILITATORS
This course will be facilitated by Bank of Tanzania Academy in collaboration with Directorate of Financial Sector Supervision.
Bank of Tanzania Mtwara Branch
Fee for each participant is TZS 1.0 million or USD 500 for non-residents covering tuition, course materials, lunch and mid-session refreshments. Participants will be responsible for their travel costs and upkeep.
Please make your fees payment using the following channel:
Bank Transfer through TISS Transferee Bank: Bank of Tanzania
Account Number: 9944713006
Account Name: Course Fees
SWIFT CODE: TANZTZTXXXX
MODE OF APPLICATION
Send a letter, fax, e-mail or make a phone call to the Academy through any of the mentioned contacts below. The course will accommodate 30 participants and the first come first served principle will apply. Applications should reach us at least two (2) working days before commencement of the course.
All applications should be addressed to:
Bank of Tanzania Academy,
P.O. Box 131, Capri-Point,
+255 (0) 28 2 500 982/709/983 +255 (0) 28 2 500 984